April 6 through May 10, 2014 – LOWERED MINIMUM
To raise funds for books and other library collection materials.
ITEM FOR SALE $500 UP
Antique 5-section Barrister’s Oak Bookcase, EXCELLENT CONDITION. The top 3 sections and the bottom section open and close by lifting and sliding in a slot and all work smoothly. The 4th section from the top (Globe-Wernicke Co.) works on crossed metal bands which need minor adjustment to work smoothly. The finish is excellent.
Labels inside the sections (on the back walls) read, top to bottom section:
Macey 910 / FINISH 2
The Globe-Wernicke Co.
BRANCHES OF AGENCIES EVERYWHERE.
Size D-10 1/4 Grade 299
The bookcase is available for inspection at the library.
Bids are due in writing, either hand-delivered to the Library before 8 p.m. Saturday, May 10
, 2014, or postmarked by May 8, 2014. Include bidder’s contact information (name, address, phone number(s), email, etc.) and the amount of the bid. Winner will be announced and notified May 12, 2014.
Minimum bid accepted: $500. Cash only; buyer must pick up the bookcase at the library. Receipt for winning bid’s amount over the minimum will be for tax-deductible contribution to the library.
At their regular April 1, 2014 meeting, the Valparaiso Board of Trustees adopted changes to several policies and adopted three new ones. The policies are available at:
Valparaiso Public Library Policies
The new policies include XVI Exhibits and Displays, XVII Advocacy, and XVIII Strategic Planning.
Policy revisions made changes to these sections:
- V. Circulation – Library Cards: Types of Cards, Registration, and Account Fees (minor changes to each of these three sub-sections)
- VI. Collection Management and Development – Current Facility and Collection (changed description to match current physical organization of collection)
- VII. Computer and Internet Use – Access (added paragraph about use of children’s computer tablets) and Printing (changed fee to as established by Board)
- VIII. Faxing and Photocopying (changed fees to as established by Board)
- XIII. Policy on Acceptable Behavior (added statement about food/drink)
- XIV. Policy on Unattended Children (changed “should” to “must” in line 2 of paragraph 2)
- XV. Facilities – Guidelines (new section)
KWOUT is a tool that helps you quote web pages or parts of them. Here is an example — which I recommend you explore fully, because this site has pictures of the world’s most beautiful libraries.
Lego Batman, the movie: DC superheroes unite
LEGO Hero factory.
LEGO Ninjago, Masters of Spinjitzu, season one
LEGO Ninjago, Masters of Spinjitzu
LEGO Star wars: The Yoda chronicles
Reading Level Grade 3-6
- Superman’s guide to the universe, by Jackie Gaff (astronomy)
- The Raven, by Patrick Carman (skeleton creek #4)
- Crown of Horns, by Jeff Smith (Bone series)
- Rose by Jeff Smith (Bone prequel)
- Treasure hunters, by Jeff Smith (Bone series)
- I survived the Nazi invasion, 1944, by Lauren Tarshis, Lauren (I Survived series)
Reading Level Preschool to Grade 3
- Children’s bedtime treasury, edited by Derek Hall
- Ten little fingers and ten little toes, by Mem Fox
- Mr. Lincoln’s whiskers, by Karen B. Winnick
Priceless memories, by Bob, Barker (memoir)
Duty, by Robert Michael Gates (memoir)
Temple Grandinn, by Sy Montgomery,
Heads in beds, by Jacob Tomsky (memoir)
The hare with amber eyes, by Edmund DeWaal
Mrs. Lincoln’s dressmaker, by Jennifer Chiaverini (historical)
Mrs. Lincoln’s rival, by Jennifer Chiaverini (historical)
Waterlily, by Ella Cara Deloria (Sioux)
The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald (classic)
The invention of wings, by Sue Monk Kidd (historical)
Wolf Hall, by Hilary Mantel (historical)
Enrique’s journey, by Sonia Nazario (historical)
Allegiant, by Veronica Roth (sf)
Divergent, by Veronica Roth (sf)
Insurgent, by Veronica Roth (sf)
The sixth man, by David Baldacci (thriller)
King and Maxwell, by David Baldacci (PI)
The gods of guilt, by Michael Connelly (trial/suspense)
Fear nothing, by Lisa Gardner (suspense)
NOS4A2, a novel, by Joe Hill (suspense)
Private L.A., by James Patterson (suspense)
Concealed in death, J. D.by Robb (mystery)
The fallen angel, by Daniel Silva (thriller)
Murder on St. Mark’s Place, by Victoria Thompson (mystery)
City of veils, by Zoe Ferraris (mystery)