Young Nebraska Scientists Organization offers camps across the state for this upcoming Summer.
Applications close April 15 for YNS camps including:
* CyberCamp, June 6-9 at the University of Nebraska at Kearney, for middle and high school students;
* Soil and Plants in Agriculture, June 11-15 day camp at the University of Nebraska at Kearney, for middle schoolers;
* Algae for Biofuels, June 17-21 at Doane University in Crete, for middle schoolers;
* Life Underground: the Unseen Power of Microbes, June 17-20 at UNL, for high schoolers;
* Biodiversity Field Science, June 17-23 at UNL Cedar Point Biological Station (Ogalalla), for high schoolers;
* Secret Life of Metals, an inorganic chemistry day camp, July 16-18 at Creighton University.
YNS is a way for Nebraska middle school and high school students to “try out” colleges while doing hands-on science. Conducted by Nebraska EPSCoR https://epscor.nebraska.edu/ with support from the National Science Foundation, need-based scholarships are available. For information and online applications, see http://yns.nebraska.edu. Questions about YNS should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-472-8944.