What to Expect When You’re Expecting, based on the non-fiction guide to everything pregnancy by Heidi Murkoff and Sharon Mazel, hit out local theatre this past Friday. While I’m sure the movie is a lot different than the book, if you are looking for popular work on pregnancy, this is the “Realistic, supportive, easy to access, and overflowing with practical tips, covering everything you’ll need—and want—to know about life’s most amazing journey, from preconception planning to birth to those first miraculous weeks with a new baby. It’s all here: the lowdown on lifestyle trends and life in the workplace; the latest in prenatal testing and alternative therapies; the best in birthing options.
Comforting answers to hundreds of questions:
• I’m so queasy I can’t even eat for one. How can I eat for two?
• Can I get highlights in my hair? How about my monthly wax?
• I’m only in my second month—why am I showing already?
• Can I stick to my normal workout routine while I’m expecting?
• Why is my skin broken out and blotchy? And how can I cover it?
• What’s safe when it comes to sex?
• I think I felt the baby kicking—but I’m not sure. How do I tell?
• Will my body ever be the same after I deliver?
A month-by-month pregnancy guide.”