- National Geographic Whales in Crisis: Pilots, humpbacks, bowheads and orcas are the majestic sea mammals introduced to the viewer by scientists willing to risk life and limb as they journey from the Florida Keys to the Arctic in daring missions of whale conservation.
- Hell and Back Again: In this documentary, U.S. Marine Sgt. Nathan Harris is wounded by Taliban machine-gun fire, then grapples with the stress of civilian life upon return in his home of North Carolina.
- The Artist: This modern-day silent film artfully recounts the poignant end of the silent-movie era in the late 1920s. The story contrasts the declining fortunes of a silent-screen superstar with his lover’s rise to popularity as a darling of the “talkies.”
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close: Believing that his father left him a message before dying in the September 11 attacks, young Oskar Schell embarks on an emotional odyssey through New York City to find the lock that matches a key he found among his father’s belongings.
- Ghost Rider The Spirit of Vengeance: When the devil resurfaces with aims to take over the world in human form, Johnny Blaze reluctantly comes out of hiding to transform into the flame-spewing supernatural hero Ghost Rider — and rescue a 10-year-old boy from an unsavory end.
- John Carter: One minute, dozing Civil War veteran John Carter is evading Apaches in a deserted cave. The next, he’s waking up on Mars, a once-Earthlike planet that’s devolved into chaos — and civil war of a different sort.
- 21 Jump Street (2012): When two youthful undercover cops who work the local high school to investigate a drug ring, the guys find that much has changed since their own school days.
- The Vow: When a newlywed woman who slips into a coma after a car accident and awakens with amnesia, her devoted husband must help her recover and also win her back. Inspired by true events.
- Hugo: When his father dies, 12-year-old orphan Hugo takes up residence behind the walls of a Parisian train station. There, he meets Isabelle, the daughter of filmmaker Georges Méliès, who holds the key to Hugo’s destiny.
- Mirror Mirror: After she spends all her money, an evil enchantress queen schemes to marry a handsome, wealthy prince who is in love with Snow White. Joined by seven rebellious dwarves, Snow White launches an epic battle of good vs. evil.
July 30, 2012 by tiffany
Category Bookworm | Tags:
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.