We would like handmade ornaments to hang on the tree, from both children and adults. When you bring in an ornament, you’ll get a Christmas treat and your name will be entered to win a gift!
We’ll tag the ornaments with the maker’s name, and you’ll get to hang the ornament on our tree for all of our patrons to enjoy. The ornaments may be picked up after Christmas, or they can remain here to be used agin next year.
What kind of ornaments are we looking for? Anything that you’d like to make! Due to the smaller size of our Charlie Brown tree, we simply ask that you keep the dimensions to 6″ or smaller. Ornaments will be accepted now through December 21st at noon, at which time we will draw for names.
Here are some ideas for homemade ornaments for kids:
- Craft Stick Santa
- Craft Stick Snowman
- Bread Dough Clay Ornaments
- Penguin Pals
- 30 Christmas Ornament for kids – includes glitter pine cones, handprint snowmen (super cute!), pom pom balls and more!
- 20 Minute Thumbprint Reindeer
- Homemade Playdough Ornament
- Ice Cream Social
- Origami Ornament
- Wreath Ornament
- Angel Ornament
And here are some for the adults:
- Better Homes and Gardens ornament instructions – includes a darling almond bird, pinecone gnomes, jingle bell flowers, felted owls, and more!
- 101 Christmas Ornament Tutorials via Everything Etsy – an amazing collection from across the web! I especially like the Twiggy Christmas Trees, Modge Podge Holiday Shadow Box, Sweater Polar Bear, and the Borax Crystal Ornaments.
- Ornament Tutorials via Country Living – Bird Seed Ornaments, Victorian Santas, Pizelle Candy Cones and more!
- Ornament tutorials via Martha Stewart – Felted Woodland Ornaments, Pom-Pom Snowmen, Button Ornaments, Wax Snowflakes, Click and Prints, Recycled Card Ornaments and more!