Held for children ages 3 to 6 years on Tuesdays at 10:00 a.m. and Thursdays at 1:00 p.m. every September through the beginning of May. The themed programs include reading time, craft time and other various activities designed to encourage young children to develop a love of books, reading and libraries. Children should be able to sit independently and focus for 30-45 minutes in order to attend. Please register your child(ren) at the circulation desk prior to participating in story time. Parents are invited to attend with their child the first time they attend, and then will be asked to wait for their child in the library. We do ask that parents remain in the library during story time.
“Letters of the Alphabet” will be the overall theme for the 2019-2020 year.
- February 11 & 13 ~ Valentine’s Day
- February 18 & 20 ~ The Letter “R”
- February 25 & 27 ~ The Letter “S”
- March 3 & 5 ~ Dr. Seuss’s Birthday
- March 10 & 12 ~ The Letter “T”
- March 17 & 19 ~ St. Patrick’s Day: the Color of Ireland and Spring
- March 24 & 26 ~ The Letters “U” & “V”
- March 31 & April 2 ~ The Letter “W”
- April 7 & 9 ~ The Letters “X” “Y” & “Z”
- April 14 & 16 ~ To The Rescue!
- April 21 & 23 ~ Earth Day
- April 28 & 30 ~ Fairy Tales
- May 5 & 7 ~ Summer Fun
Make & Take Crafts
Open to all children and parents/caregivers are encouraged to participate. Craft supplies needed to make the weekly project will be available free of charge in the children’s section each Friday all day while supplies last with a limit of one craft per child. Children six and under must be accompanied by a responsible caregiver.
- January 17
- January 24
- January 31