A library card provides full access to the Alliance Public Library, including digital services accessible from home. Proof of identification and residency is required when obtaining a card, and accepted forms of ID verification are as follows:
- State issued photo I.D. or military I.D. with your current local address
- If your I.D. address is not current we will ALSO need to see one of the following that lists your current address:
- Current bank statement or checkbook register
- A 6 month lease agreement in your name
- A utility bill from the electric or gas company (we can verify your account with the City of Alliance via telephone.)
Cards are available to patrons with a mailing address in Angora, Alliance, Hemingford, Lakeside and Ellsworth. A $25 nonresident fee paid yearly October 1 – September 30 applies to non residents. Non residents are defined as those patrons whom do not pay property taxes levied by the City of Alliance on the residence in which they reside.
A breakdown of property tax payments can be found online at https://nebraskataxesonline.us/search.aspx?county=BoxB