The Alliance Public Library offers many digital patron services that are available from the comfort of home or on the go 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Checkout Skillshare and gain access to over 22,000 online classes on a variety of topics such as crafts, knitting, fine art, culinary skills, technology, design, personal development and many, many more! To checkout, bring your library card to the Circulation Desk or contact the library via the Contact Us link (be sure to include your name, library card number, address, phone and email for verification) and request to checkout Skillshare. We will send you an email invitation to join. Click the Claim Membership link in the email, and then either create a new account or login with an existing account for access to the full Skillshare Premium collection. Checkouts are 2 week with the option to renew. Your account is retained by Skillshare, and with each checkout you will pick up right where you left off.
Download the Libby app on your mobile device or home computer and start downloading from our collection of ebooks and audiobooks today! Libby is available here via Microsoft, or through the Apple App Store and Google Play. Libby is compatible with Android, IOS, Windows, and some Chromebook devices, with Kindle Fire compatibility coming soon
Overdrive may also be accessed on personal computers via a web browser at https://nebraska.overdrive.com
Login credentials will include your patron barcode found on the back of your card (ie: 59687) and the pin your phone number (ie: 3087621387) unless you have setup a secure password of your choosing. If you have set up a secure password, you will use it to login.
If you are having trouble with Overdrive or would like to learn more about how to use the service, please scroll down for a list of Overdrive how-to and troubleshooting links.
RB Digital Audiobooks & Ebooks and Magazines
Offers simultaneous use license, and many titles will always be available for checkout. Access to over 170 popular magazine, including back issues. Includes Glamour, GQ, Bloomberg BusinessWeek, Vogue, Taste of Home, Women’s health, Harper’s Bizarre, Mother Jones, and many more!
Download the mobile app from Apple App Store or Google Play to enjoy your checkouts on the go.
To get started, click on “Register” on the upper left menu. Follor the steps to create an account with login credentials of your choosing. Be sure to include a P and space before your patron number (ie: P 68975) Library staff does not have access to your login information, so be sure to write it down.
Visit www.alliancelibrary.org and sign in using your patron number and phone number (ie: 29876 ; 3087621387) and access your account information, checkout history, reserves, our full catalog and more. The site is mobile responsive for easy access on personal devices.
Ebsco ebooks appear in our catalog and are marked as internet electronic resources in search results. This collection is mainly comprised of nonfiction books useful for research or specialized study and is available to residential patrons.
How to access Ebsco ebooks:
- Click here to login in to Ebsco using your patron ID number (the number found on the back of your library card. Don’t have your card? Give us a call, verify some info and we can give it to you over the phone.)
- Click on “Sign in” and then on “Create a New Account”. You will now be able to assign your own username and password for future use.
- You’re ready to use the Ebsco ebooks! You can search directly through Ebsco or from our catalog. In our catalog, click on the title of the book and follow the link to sign in and start reading.
Ebsco Ebooks Support Center – Provides information for browsing and transfering Ebsco ebooks to mobile devices.
Library Staff is available for support during regular library hours by calling 308-762-1387. If you are needing help outside of our regular business hours, please visit the following resources:
- Getting Started with Overdrive: Provides device specific basic instructions.
- Device Profiles: Provides device specific software and support.
- All About Ebooks
- All About Audiobooks
- How to Use The Libby App: Overdrive suggests you use Libby if it is available for your device – see the Device Profiles link above for more information on device compatibility.
- Troubleshooting the Libby App
- How to Use the Overdrive App: Overdrive suggests you use Libby if it is available for your device – see the Device Profiles link aboce for more information on device compatibility.
- Troubleshooting the Overdrive App