Part-Time Library Assistant/Custodian (20 hrs/week) – City of Ashland
The Ashland Public Library seeks enthusiastic assistant with strong commitment to public service, knowledge of technology, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Duties include staffing circulation desk, shelving materials, assisting patrons with technology and information needs, readers’ advisory, cleaning and other duties as assigned.
Custodial duties include:
- Sweeps, and mops floors;
- Washes walls and windows, dusts and performs other cleaning duties;
- Dusts surfaces, woodwork, furniture and other equipment;
- Cleans and mops lavatories and replaces soap, towels, etc.;
- Empties recycle bins and trash receptacles, inside and out, and collects and disposes of refuse;
- Moves and arranges chairs, tables and other furniture or equipment;
- Checks doors to see that they are closed and locked when proper;
- May perform grounds keeping activities such as cleaning snow, raking leaves, trimming shrubs, and general grounds maintenance such as clearing litter and debris
Hours of work are mainly afternoon/evening and include Saturday hours. The 20 hours will be divided evenly between library assistant duties (10 hours) and custodial duties (10 hours).
Salary: $10.00 per hour.
Apply by: 5/26/17
Ashland City Hall
2304 Silver Street
Ashland, NE 68003