MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The Axtell Public Library exists to provide equal access to information, provide quality materials and services, and to promote the enjoyment of reading, culture, and the pursuit of lifelong learning.
The Axtell Public Library will endeavor to meet and/or exceed standards and guidelines prepared by the Nebraska Library Commission. The Axtell Public Library will conduct a continuous study of community needs and strive to consistently discover new methods and improvements for better service for the Library’s customers.
- To serve the community as a center of reliable information through print and non-print collections, technology, and programming.
- To support educational, civic, and cultural activities of groups and organizations.
- To provide opportunity and encouragement for children, young people, and adults to educate themselves.
- To identify community needs, to provide programs of service and technology to meet those needs, and to cooperate with other organizations, agencies, and institutions which can provide programs or services to meet community needs.
- To provide opportunity for recreation through use of literature, technology, music, films, and other art forms.