About the Computers
Public libraries have a long tradition of making information resources available to all. Continuing that tradition, the library provides public access to computer workstations and to the internet. Wireless service is also available.
- Access to Online Library Card Catalog
- Public Internet Access
- Microsoft Office is available
Card Catalog Computers
One computer is designated to access the online card catalog. Patrons may search the collection for an item by entering a title, author, series, keyword, or by call number.
Public Internet Access Computers
There are seven computers with Internet access available to the public. All patrons must register at the desk before using these computers. If the patron is under the age of 18 and does not have a library card, a parent must accompany the youth.
There are several laptops available for checkout. Patrons must be 18 years or older and their account must be in good standing. Laptops are checked out for a two hour interval.
World Wide Web access is available to the public at the Blair Public Library at no charge. All computer workstations available are filtered.
- Check in at the circulation desk before using a computer
- Children must have a Library Card or be accompanied by a parent
- The Library is not responsible for content accessed from the Internet
- Computer sessions are limited to 30 minutes if others are waiting and a maximum of two hours per day may be enforced