About the Computers
Public libraries have a long tradition of making information resources available to all. Continuing that tradition, the library provides public access to computer workstations and to the internet. Free wireless service is also available.
- Access to Online Library Card Catalog
- Public Internet Access
- Microsoft Office is available
Card Catalog Computers
All library computers are able to access the online card catalog from the library web page, which all browsers default to upon accessing. In addition, there are two catalog kiosk devices on the bookcase end caps in the adult fiction area. Patrons may search the collection for an item by entering a title, author, series, keyword, or by call number.
Public Internet Access Computers
There are several computers with Internet access available to the public. All patrons must register at the desk before using these computers. If the patron is under the age of 18 and does not have a library card, a parent must accompany the youth.
There are several laptops available for checkout. Patrons account must be in good standing.
World Wide Web access is available to the public at the Blair Public Library at no charge. All computer workstations available are filtered. A library card or guest pass (available at the front desk) are required for computer use.
- Follow instructions on the desktop or laptop for computer access
- Children must have a Library Card or be accompanied by a parent
- The Library is not responsible for content accessed from the Internet
- Computer sessions are guaranteed for 30 minutes if others are waiting and a maximum of two hours per day may be enforced