Broadwater Public Library
Public Wireless Policy
By using the Broadwater Public Library’s wireless network, you agree with the following conditions:
- The Broadwater Public Library maintains a wireless router, which is not password protected. This allows users within the Library as well as persons within some distance outside the Library to access the Internet. This is popularly called a “Wireless Hot-Spot”.
- The user assumes all responsibility for the use of the Library’s wireless network.
- A person who wishes to use the Library’s wireless network is responsible for providing and maintaining their own device.
- The Library does not guarantee that all devices will be compatible with our wireless network.
- The Library’s wireless network is not encrypted. Information sent from or to your device could be intercepted by anyone else with a wireless device and the appropriate software.
- The Library is not responsible for any financial loss, interception of private information, infection with viruses or malware, or any other harm you may have while using the Library’s wireless network. We advise you to avoid sending sensitive or personal information, such as online purchases or online banking, or anything else whereby you transmit personal information, including account numbers or Social Security numbers on any public wireless network.
- Within the Library, wireless users requiring sound must use headphones so as not to disturb others.
- Please be considerate of other Library users and refrain from displaying materials that might reasonably be considered objectionable.
- Users of the public wireless network are prohibited from gaining unauthorized access to other computer systems, damaging or attempting to damage equipment or software; unauthorized access to printers; downloading content which violates copyright; downloading content which is illegal; interfering with system operations, integrity or security; gaining unauthorized access to another person’s files, and/or sending harassing messages to other computer users.
- Violations of this policy may result in restrictions on library use.
- In cases of criminal misuse of the Wireless Network, Library staff will inform and cooperate fully with law enforcement authorities.
Last Updated July 2018