Dav Pilkey award-winning and best-selling author and illustrator of children’s books, explains how you can express concern about a book without undermining the freedom to read of those around you by making a simple change.
Banned Books Week (September 26- October 7) celebrates your freedom to read.
By focusing on efforts across the country to remove or restrict access to books, Banned Books Week draws national attention to the harms of censorship.
Stop in each day throughout the week and REGISTER TO WIN a banned/challenged book!
For more information on Banned Books Week, please visit www.ala.org/bbooks and www.bannedbooksweek.org
Central City Public Library is hosting a pumpkin/gourd
1. Decorate a pumpkin or gourd (real or artificial) like your favorite BOOK CHARACTER (or with a literary theme).
2. Pumpkins or gourds may be painted, hot glued, decorated, colored, etc. CARVED PUMPKIN/GOURD SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!
3. Entries must be dropped off for display at CC Public Library from October 18- October 23. They will remain on display until October 29, for the public to have a chance to vote for “People’s Choice Awards.”
4. Feel free to work alone, with friends, or with family. Only one entry per division: age 12 & under, age 13-18, age 19 & over, and Family entry.
5. Winners will be announced on October 29.
6. The winners in each division will receive Bison Bucks as prizes!
7. Pumpkins/gourds & accessories must be picked up by the time library closes on November 1. Any remaining entries/accessories will be discarded.
Contact the library with questions: 308-946-2512
Click Here to Register! https://tinyurl.com/maketakesublimation