MPLA is now accepting applications for the MPLA 2012 Leadership Institute. The institute will be held May 6 –11 at the YMCA of the Rockies in Estes Park Colorado. Maureen Sullivan will be the facilitator. Maureen has been elected ALA President for 2012-2013 and will facilitate MPLA’s workshop during her presidential year.
The application requirements are –
· Employed in a library organization in MPLA’s 12-state region
· Current member (including last 2 years) of one of MPLA’s 12 affiliated state library associations. (Arizona Library Association; Colorado Association of Libraries; Kansas Library Association; Montana Library Association; Nebraska Library Association; Nevada Library Association; New Mexico Library Association; North Dakota Library Association; Oklahoma Library Association; South Dakota Library Association; Utah Library Association; Wyoming Library Association)
· Minimum of 5 years in a library-related job with progressive experience
· Record of experience that demonstrates leadership potential
· Expected continued contribution to the profession
· A thoughtfully completed application
· Two letters of recommendation
Applications are due 1 November 2011.
More information and the application form are available at www.mpla.us/leadership/index.html.