This year’s Summer Reading Program will look a little different, but don’t fear! It will still be loads of fun with interactive stories and activities! Here’s the low down:
- Registration is now open on the Reader Zone website (or download the app), or stop by the library for a paper form to fill out.
- Download the Reader Zone app. This is where you will log your reading hours. The reading goal this summer is only 1 hour each week for a total of 9 weeks. Readers earn one prize each week after one hour of reading is complete. If readers read for two or more hours in a week – awesome! But only one prize per reader will be given each week. During the 10th week (August 3-7), medals will be awarded for readers that have read all 9 hours.
- In Reader Zone use our library code when registering each child under your parent account: 9c7d6
- Exclusive videos will be available each week during the program. (The password is read2020.) Each day will be a different theme: Mondays: Show day, Tuesdays: crafts for younger kids, Wednesdays: Meet an Author day, Thursdays: activities for older kids, Fridays: Guest Appearance day. So, you’ll get to watch a different video each day for all 10 weeks of the program!
- Take and Make Kits will be available at the library for pickup each week for activities the following week.