Library cards are issued per family at the following rates
- Resident of O’Neill-No Fee
- Non-Resident (Outside City Limits)-$10.00 Annually
- Teacher/School-$30.00 Annually
Books are checked out for 21 days (3 weeks) at a time and may be renewed once with the exception of the following:
- Adult New Fiction-7 Day Check-Out
- Any items on hold for another patron will not be renewable.
To renew your items:
- Go to the library catalog and sign in using your library card number and your password
- Stop in at the library
- Call us or email us.
- DVD’s are checked out for 21 days.
- If there are no holds or restrictions on the item(s).
- DVDs are renewable for a maximum of 4 times.
- A fine of $.25 per DVD, per day will be charged for any DVD not returned by the due date.
- Any DVDs with a PG or lower rating may be checked out by all patrons with a current library card.
- All DVDs with a PG-13 or R rating must be checked out by patrons that are of 18 years or older.
- Parents/guardians willing to allow their children the privilege of checking out PG-13 or R rated DVDs will need to complete a permission slip. By signing the permission slip, parents/guardians understand that their child may be exposed to content intended for mature audiences.
- A DVD Permission card will be given to the child. They MUST present it to the library staff for checkout of PG-13 or R rated DVDs. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
- Parents/guardians are, ultimately, responsible for the materials their children check out.
- The library will not be held responsible for any damage to a patron’s DVD or Blu-Ray equipment.
- Patrons are responsible for replacement of or reimbursement for any DVD damaged by the patron or the patron’s equipment.
Materials should be returned at the desk inside the library or in the book deposit. The book deposit is located on the north side of the main entrance.
If materials are late, the following fines are assessed:
- DVD – $.25 per day, per item
- New Fiction-$.25 per day, per item
- All Other Items-$.25 per day, per item
Teachers and schools have the following additional benefits with a teacher/school membership.
- Teachers may check out a maximum of 25 books and may keep them up to one month.
- We reserve the right to limit items within a particular subject area.
- Holiday materials are checked out as normal, books for two weeks and videos for two weeks.
- Overdue fines will be assessed based on rates above.
- Teachers and/or schools are responsible for all books checked out to the school in case of loss or damage.
- There is no fee associated with the use of computers.
- The library currently has computers with Internet Accessibility.
- There is no fee for the use of Internet Accessible computers.
- Individuals under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian read and complete the Children/Teen Internet Safety Policy before using the Internet services at the library.
- Users must be 8 years or older or accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- All Public Access Computers have black and white printing capabilities at a charge of $.25/sheet.
LIBRARIANS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO LIMIT COMPUTER USE.
If our library does not have the items you are looking for, we can request the item from other
libraries across the country.
- We will need the title and author of the item you would like us to request.
- Typically, you will get to keep the item for a month with an opportunity to renew.
- There is a $4.00 charge associated with inter-loaning items.
- A community meeting room is available for public use at the library. The room seats approximately 60 people and has 6 tables and 50 chairs that can be utilized.
- The room may be used at no charge. However, it cannot be used for monetary gain.
- To inquire or reserve the meeting room, please call or stop in the library.
The librarians will make copies per patron request at the following rates:
- 8 1/2 X 11 one sided-$.25/Sheet
- 8 1/2 X 11 two sided-$.30/Sheet
- 8 1/2 X 14 one sided-$.25/Sheet
- 8 1/2 X 14 two sided-$.30/Sheet
The library does have a fax machine upon which we can fax items for the public at the following rates:
- To Send-$1 for the 1st page, $.50/additional page
- To Receive-$1 for the first page, $.50/additional page
- Fax #: 402-336-3268
Scan $1.00 per scan
Monday: 10:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 10:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 10:30 a.m.-9:00 p.m.
Thursday: 10:30 a.m.-9:00 p.m.
Friday: 10:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Saturday: 10:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.