Library Service Policies
A. Hours of Operation
Monday, Thursday and Friday 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Tuesday 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
B. Registration Policy
Patrons must complete a registration form at the library before they are allowed to check out material. Forms are available from the librarian. Patrons must also be a resident of the State of Nebraska.
C. Materials Checkout Policy
1. Books and audio books may be checked out for 2 weeks. They may be renewed two more times, unless on reserved list. There is currently to limit on the number of books and audio books that can be checked out at one time. Fines for overdue books and audio books are $.10 per day, per title.
2. Magazines may be checked out for two weeks, but patrons are encouraged to return them sooner if possible due to the timeliness of the material. They may be renewed, at the discretion of the librarian. There is currently no limit on the number of magazines that can be checked out at one time. Fines for overdue magazines are $0.10 per day per, title.
3. Videos and DVDs may be checked out for 2 days and must be returned by library closing at the end of the last day. Overdue fines for videos and DVDs are $1 per day, per title. There is an additional charge of $.50 per video charged if they are not rewound.
4. Reference materials such as encyclopedias, dictionaries, thesauri and atlases may not be checked out.
5. Cake pans may be checked out for 1 week. A late fee of $1 per pan will be charged if not returned on time.
D. Interlibrary Loan
Patrons may request books from another library. There is no charge to the patron for getting the books. Patrons however must pay for return postage.
Books may be placed on reserve by patrons at any time for no charge. Library staff will notify the patron when the requested material is available.
Patrons who do not return or who lose materials checked out from the library are assessed the cost of replacing the material(s). Patrons who owe a fine at the library are not allowed to use the computers.