Ponca Carnegie Library
Board of Trustees
October 17, 2019 Meeting
Members present: Vicki Irby, Robyn Watchorn Newbrey, Chip Watchorn, Michelle Rinas
Member absent: Nancy Dunn
Also present: Library Director Melissa Kebaili
Board of Trustees Member Irby, called the meeting to order at 7:10 p.m. and noted the Open Meetings Act posted in the library.
Member Watchorn motioned to accept the September 26, 2019, meeting minutes with corrections. Member Watchorn Newbrey seconded the motion. Motion carried 4-0.
- Member Irby reviewed the yearly expenditures. October ends the fiscal year. The fiscal year ended with a $2455 deficit. The deficit will be carried into the new fiscal year. Member Rinas motioned to reduce the 2019-2020 budget spending by $2455 to offset the deficit from the 2018-2019 fiscal year. Member Watchorn seconded the motion. Motion carried 4-0. Members reviewed the monthly expenditures.
- Director Kebaili reported the Friends of the Library membership forms have been sent out in the utility bills.
- Director Kebaili reported the Ponca Carnegie Library kick-off for Family Literacy Night is October 24, from 4:00-6:00 p.m. Parents are encouraged to attend this event with their children.
- Director Kebaili reported the Friends clean-up day for the Library grounds was rescheduled for October 19, from 9:00-11:00 a.m.
- Director Kebaili will ask the Librarian to participate in the November 5, online E-rate workshop.
- Members discussed library fines. Members were encouraged to explore how other libraries handle fines.
- Member Irby shared information on the possible construction of a new Book Drop Box by a local person.
- Members recommended individuals for new Board Members. Members discussed having a six-member Board. Director Kebaili will contact two individuals about joining the Board.
- Director Kebaili recommended replacing the chairs at the computer stations and circulation desk. Members were encouraged to explore suitable office style chairs for the library.
There being no further new business, member Watchorn motioned to adjourn. Member Rinas seconded the motion. Member Irby adjourned the meeting at 8:10 p.m.
The next regular meeting of the Ponca Carnegie Library Board of Trustees will be November 21, 2019, at 7:00 p.m. in the Ponca Carnegie Library.
Secretary Ponca Carnegie Library Board of Trustees