2021 Winter Reading Program
December 1, 2020 – February 28, 2021
The Nebraska Regional Library Systems and the Nebraska Library Commission want citizens of
Nebraska to stay warm this winter and enjoy the terrific library books available in public libraries
across the state. To participate, go to ReaderZone.com or download the Reader Zone app on your
smart device. Register for the Snow Many Great Books! program with this 5-digit code 93723.
Complete at least eight of the twenty challenges by February 28th to be eligible for a Grand Prize
Drawing for one of three $50 Visa Gift Cards. Please choose books you’ve never read from your home
library. Books can be fiction or nonfiction, and J, YA, or Adult. Contest is open to all Nebraskans ages
10 and older. Drawing will be held March 15, 2021.
- Read a book with “snow” in the title.
- Read a book set in a place where it typically snows.
- Read a book in bed, under a blanket.
- Read a book with a recipe in it.
- Read any large print book.
- Read a nonfiction book about a winter sport.
- Read a book with a picture of a penguin or a polar bear on the cover.
- Read with a scarf and gloves on.
- Read a book about traditions.
- Read a favorite book from your own childhood.
- Read a book that became a movie.
- Read to someone younger than you.
- Read a book on a cold and snowy day.
- Read a book with “blue” in the title.
- Listen to any audiobook.
- Read in your pajamas.
- Read a book where winter plays a part in the story.
- Read a book with a one-word title.
- Read a classic you’ve been meaning to read.
- Read a book recommended by your librarian.
This activity is supported in part with funding from the State of Nebraska and from the Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provision
of the Library Services and Technology Act as administrated by the Nebraska Library Commission.