The 24th Joint Annual Youth Services Retreat will be held at Camp Carol Joy Holling (Ashland) September 6 and 7th. 11 CE are available for attendance at both days.
The workshop topics will be:
- Great Books for Teens and Tweens
- Virtual Programs: Prehistoric Creatures and more
- “Booktalk” your favorite websites, resources, and solutions
- Mental Illness and Youth Services
- Reommended Books for Children 2017/2018
- Escape Rooms and Table Top Conundrums
- Developmentally Appropriate Practices in Early Childhood Programming
- Tips on Graphic Novel Collection and Programming
- How to Improve Your Chances of Obtaining a Youth Services Grant
While this retreat is designed especially for those who plan to stay overnight and attend both days, the following options are available:
- Both days with overnight, double occupancy, includes all meals ($130)
- Both days with overnight, single occupancy, includes all meals ($160)
- Both days with lunch ($105)
- Thursday only, includes lunch ($55)
- Friday only, includes lunch ($50)
Registration was open until August 22nd.
The 23rd Annual Youth Services Retreat will be held at Camp Carol Joy Holling September 7th and 8th. Take a break and spend time learning and networking in a great atmosphere! Eleven CE are available for attendance both days. Click here to register. The schedule for the retreat and pricing are as follows: Continue reading
As always, this year’s youth services retreat will be a great chance to relax, participate in sessions directed towards youth services, enjoy wonderful food, network, share ideas, and play. As in past years, the retreat will be held at Carol Joy Holling Camp and Retreat Center near Ashland. New this year is an option to stay overnight not only Thursday evening, but also to arrive the evening of Wednesday, August 24, and stay overnight. This might make it easier for those traveling from a distance.
You can easily register at http://bit.ly/22ndRetreat by the end of the day on August 8th. If for some reason you can’t make the retreat, you can still hear the two feature presenters at the CPLS Youth Services Day on August 19 or at the TRAILS Fall Library Workshop on September 21.
Following is the full program: Continue reading