My dear patrons! <3 I have finished doing inventory! 🙂
(“Inventory” is the process where I go through our entire collection and make sure everything is accounted for, listed correctly, and in the right place)
The Snyder Public Library has… drum roll, please… 3,072 books and 468 movies!!! 😀 and YOU, my lovely patrons, are able to check out ALL 3,540 items at your leisure! Just not all at once! 😉
I also culled (weeded, discarded, deleted from the collection) 62 books! They had either never been read or needed to be replaced. But don’t worry!! ALL of those discarded books are available out in the hallway on our Free Book table! Take as many as you’d like! <3
I have also added new books! Our total for books now is 3,088! 🙂
“Camino Winds” by John Grisham, a sequel to “Camino Island”
“The 20th Victim” (Women’s Murder Club) and “The House of Kennedy” by James Patterson
“Bullets and Beads” (Miss Fortune series) by Jana DeLeon
“If It Bleeds” by Stephen King
“After Anna” and “Someone Knows” by Lisa Scottoline
“The Hate U Give” and “On The Come Up” by Angie Thomas
“Identical” by Ellen Hopkins
“Pax” by Sara Pennypacker
“Just Because” by Mac Barnett
“Anne of Green Gables” adapted by Mariah Marsden
“Minecraft” by Sfe R. Monster
“When Stars Are Scattered” by Victoria Jamieson and Omar Mohamed
“They Called Us Enemy” by George Takei
After all of these are added, we’ll be up to 3,088 books! And I’m going to be getting new movies for the library soon, which should be added by next week, so our movie count will go up, as well!
Come check these new things out at YOUR Snyder Public Library!!! <3 Have an amazing day!!!
***when visiting the library***
The Snyder Public Library is (softly) reopening. The library will be open on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays again, with restrictions:
* Upon entering the auditorium, please sanitize your hands at the hand sanitizing station to your left, next to the girls’ bathroom.
* If you are allergic to hand sanitizer, there are wipes available inside of the library. Please wash your hands with soap and water in one of the bathrooms upon entering if you cannot use hand sanitizer first.
* Before entering the library, you must have a mask on that covers your nose and mouth. We have masks available inside if you do not have one.
* Upon entering the library, please sanitize your hands at the hand sanitizing station to your immediate right, just beside the door. Again, if you are allergic to hand sanitizer, there are wipes available.
* Only six patrons are allowed inside the library at one time. You may be asked to wait until someone else leaves.
* Please follow social distancing guidelines, and stay six feet apart from each other at all times.
* There are only two computers available to use at the moment, and only one person may sit at the blue table at any given time. This is to maintain social distancing guidelines.
* There will be no club nights or public events until further notice.
We are taking precautions and opening softly to keep everyone as healthy and safe as we possibly can. Everything is wiped down and sanitized/disinfected after a patron has left, and the library is cleaned on a regular basis. Returned materials are wiped down and put away for over 48 hours. If you have any questions, please ask.
We are back to normal hours, with Sundays being 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm, Tuesdays being 3:00 pm to 6:30 pm, and Wednesdays being 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm. You can call the library and leave a message at 402-568-2570, you can send an email to email@example.com, and you can message the Facebook page to contact me. The Facebook page is the quickest way to get a hold of me, as I will be able to reply ASAP from my cell phone. Please, if you need anything, just ask!
Please follow the rules and guidelines when visiting the library, or you will be asked to leave. We are striving to keep everyone as safe as possible when they visit the library, and we need your help and cooperation to do so.
All of this is subject to change at any time and at the discretion of the library staff, library board, and/or village board.
Stay healthy, stay safe, and keep on reading!