Get a library card:
Library cards are issued free to all households within the city limits of Springfield. Non-residents may obtain a library card by paying a yearly fee of $35.00 per household. Free with your Springfield Library card is the NebrasKard, which may be used at participating libraries across the state. Stop by or contact the library for more information.
Items in the library collection: Access the library’s catalog page and log into your account. To request an item from the library collection, search for the item from the catalog then click on the desired item. In the info window find the “reserve item” button to place a hold. You will be notified when the item is ready for pick up.
Items not owned by the Springfield Memorial Library may be requested from other libraries. Requests cannot be filled for items published within the year or currently on the best seller list. Materials available for loan include the following:
- VHS / DVD
- Audio cassette or CD
- Periodicals or copies of journal articles
A $2.00 fee is accessed for postage. Please provide the following information: title, author, and publication date. Most materials arrive within 7-10 days and are generally loaned for 3-4 weeks. Submit an Interlibrary Loan request in person, by phone, 402-253-2797 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reserve the Meeting Room:
The meeting room is available to rent on a first come, first serve basis. Library events are given first priority for use of the meeting room. Fees are waived for any non –profit group meeting or event.
A rate of $25 per day is charged for all private events. To book the room, contact library staff for availability.
- Contact Library for available dates
- An application must be filled out four weeks prior to the event. A rental fee of $25, a security deposit of $150.00 (cash or check), and a copy of the renter’s homeowners liability insurance is required to secure the room.
- The security deposit is returned to the renter after inspection of the room and all terms of the agreement have been met.
- The library reserves to right to refuse or revoke permission to rent the room.
- Per City of Springfield regulations, political fundraising or campaign events may not be held in the Library meeting room.
- Alcoholic beverages and smoking are prohibited in the library meeting room.