Sutton Memorial Library Board met at 5:30 p.m. on March 2, 2017 for the March meeting in the library. President Joyce Brown called the meeting to order and referred to the Open Meeting’s Act. Present were Librarian, Shelly Reed, and Board members, Joyce Brown, Carol Henricksen, Gertie Schmer, Harriet Maser, and Pam Overturf.
The minutes of the previous meeting were read and approved. The bills for the month of February were presented and approved.
Shelly presented the circulation report for the month of February , as follows: AF – 207+ 100 OD = 306, ANF – 21, E – 90, JF – 5-, JNF – 6, COM – 119, PER – 15, AUB – 3, DVD – 127. Total Circulation = 737, Visitors = 616.
Shelly also reported that more people are using the library to make copies and to use the fax machine.
Old Business: We continued to discuss implementation of the Strategic Plan.
New Business: Strategic Plan as of today:
- March 7th @ 3:45 p.m. a movie matinee,” Secret Lives of Pets”, Lisa Griess, Astra Bank will bring popcorn. Bonnie Drudik, Marcia Leininger, Shelly & Carman will help.
- March 8th @ 8:45 a.m., Mom’s Coffee. Harriet will help.
- March 29th & 5:30 p.m., a light supper meeting with USDA & SCEDD regarding home loans.
- April 11th @ 7 p.m., with coffee & cookies. Jeff Hofaker will present a program on starting up & expanding businesses.
- May 22nd @ 7 p.m., Neil Ely & Brett Nunnenkamp will talk about their entrepreneur businesses, that they started as FFA projects, while in Sutton High School.
- During Sept, and Oct., On Monday and Wednesday afternoons from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. planning to have Sutton Study Table to help students primarily with writing or math.
- Shelly also reminded the Board that she is going to be gone from March 21st to April 4th.
- Our next meeting will be April 6, 2017 @ 5 p.m. Without further business, President J:oyce Brown closed the meeting at 6:30 p.m. Secretary, Pam Overturf