The Tekamah Public Library serves the residents of the area by providing materials and services to enable them to obtain information needed for their informational, educational, recreational, and cultural interests in a welcoming and respectful atmosphere.
The Tekamah Public Library will be a well known source of knowledge and information, a place to gather and talk an encourager of reading, and a leader in cooperation with the city, schools, and area organizations. We will be the gateway to life-long learning, offering a wide spectrum of services, materials and programs for all ages.
The Tekamah Public Library – its Board of Trustees, staff and volunteers – is committed to the following values:
- We value the library as a public forum: it is a community facility for open communication of ideas and information; its collection displays, programs and services reflect an array of opinions and viewpoints.
- We value our children and will provide a safe place for them at the library. We will promote and encourage their love and enjoyment of reading at all age levels while fostering confidence in their research skills and providing a learning environment
- We value our employees and encourage them to develop their skills and performance by participation in career development opportunities
- We value the community by actively participating in it and endeavoring to enhance the quality of its life by our presence.
- We value full and equal access to information, the building, its services and its programs.
- We value the collection of and accessibility to information in all formats: print, electronic, audio and video.
- We value our patrons by responding to them with equal, respectful, accurate and friendly service to all.
- We value the privacy of our users by keeping their transactions strictly confidential.
- We value the status of our library building on the National Historic Registry and will provide for its continued preservation.