We hope to see you there!
The Three Rivers Library System is seeking an individual to fill the Library Services Assistant position. This individual will support the fulfillment of the System’s service roles and activities through a number of tasks and responsibilities. The position is responsible to the Director and the System Board of Directors. This is a permanent, part-time position with regular office hours, 25 hours per week, twelve months a year. Under the supervision of the Director, the Library Services Assistant performs specific tasks as noted below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the creation and distribution of the System bi-monthly newsletter
- Organize and maintain System records and files and update the System mailing lists
- Manage book set collection and loans, professional collection, and recommend acquisitions
- Assist in coordination of continuing education programs and special projects
- Manage professional magazine routing
- Assist Director with technology collection management
- Perform some record maintenance and light bookkeeping
- Prepare, reproduce and distribute agendas, minutes, reports and other documents for use by System Board members and other groups as may be designated by the Director or the Board.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director to assist in carrying out System activities
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
This individual must have a general knowledge of office management. The position requires a wide knowledge of clerical skills including typing, word processing, spreadsheets, desktop publishing software, database management programs, website software, and use of small business accounting software, photocopying, and other office equipment. The position requires an ability to work and communicate successfully, both orally and written, with a wide range of individuals. This individual must be able to handle multiple projects and work well with limited direct supervision.
Training and Experience
High school graduate with some college preferred. Some library experience preferred but not required.
$11/hour, 25 hours/week
Send resume and cover letter to
Three Rivers Library System
11929 Elm Street Ste. 18
Omaha, NE 68144
Accepting resumes until September 4, 2015.
Read the current issue of the TRLS newsletter for fall event information and other professional development opportunities, summer highlights, a word from the NLA President, and more!
Visit our new Event Registration page to find printable and online registration forms for upcoming events like these!
You can now access the latest (June/July) issue of the TRLS newsletter online at http://nlc.nebraska.gov/systems/NewsLetters/trls06072015.pdf
The Three Rivers Library Board will conduct its first Annual Meeting on June 5th at 1:00 pm in the Columbus Public Library. The board decided to hold a business meeting without a continuing education component for this initial meeting. Throughout the coming year, system staff and board members will work on an annual meeting structure to incorporate continuing education and networking opportunities for following years. Anyone wishing to is welcome to attend the meeting. If you would like to attend online, please register at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6254880124643708929. Minutes will be posted on the system website the following week.