Valley Public Library Board Meeting
DATE AND PLACE OF MEETING :
Thursday, Sep 6th 2018
Valley Public Library
232 N Spruce St.
STARTING TIME OF MEETING: 6:30pm
CHAIR OF MEETING: Cole Buffington, President
This meeting’s agenda will be kept continually current and available for public inspection on the bulletin board in the library’s entryway and on the library’s website at http://libraries.ne.gov/valley/.
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call (K. Held, T. Mejstrik, C. Buffington, B. Smith, J. Swahn)
- Proof of Posting / Open Meetings Act Poster
- Approval of Agenda [ACTION]
- Recognition of Visitors/Correspondence
- Public Comment – Limited to 3 minutes per speaker and 30 minutes total. When recognized by the chairperson, please state your name and address for the record.
- Approval of prior meeting’s minutes [ACTION]
- Board President
- Library Director
- Friends of the Library
- Old Business
- New Business
a. Select a new library director. [ACTION]
b. Giving the library director permission to open the library for special
events outside of regular open hours. [ACTION]
c. Allowing parent or guardian to give permission for minors to check out
movies on their own and other youth movie checkout changes.
d. Recommend a candidate for library board to Valley City Council.
- 12. Closed Session – The President
- Closed Session – The President may entertain a motion to enter into closed session in accordance with the Nebraska Open Meetings Act. [ACTION]
- Comments and Announcements by Board Members