Western Library System Scholarship Application
The Western Library System established a scholarship fund to facilitate the professional development of librarians within the system. Librarians, Media Specialists, and those connected with member agencies within the System may use these monies for attendance at professional meetings, classes, workshops, or other beneficial academic activities. Upon approval, funds will be dispersed after the Western Library System Board’s next bi-monthly meeting.
Provisions of the Scholarship include:
1. Each applicant must submit an application letter and form any time prior to or two weeks after the event for which the scholarship is intended.
2. The Scholarship Committee will review each application received.
3. The Scholarship Committee has the right to adjust the amount requested depending on the budget and the number of applications received during the fiscal year, with a maximum request of $300.00.
4. Scholarships evaluated on a first-come, first-serve basis.
5. Priority given to events within the state.
6. Individual applicants are limited to requesting scholarships once in a two-year period.
7. Scholarship recipients will provide a brief article in the System Newsletter as a form of resource sharing within one month of completion of the activity. Submit articles to the WLS office.
Western Library System
615 S. Beltline Hwy West
Scottsbluff, NE 69361