Kilgore Memorial Library Policy Manual
The Mission of Kilgore Memorial Library is to provide resources, educational workshops, and community events to ensure that citizens can recall yesterday, inform today, and inspire tomorrow.
Specifically, we will provide:
- Friendly knowledgeable staff capable of assisting patrons to meet their information needs.
- Environments, physical and digital, where patrons can access and locate available resources.
- Collections in formats that met the information needs of our patrons.
- Workshops that deliver continuous learning for citizens of all ages.
- Events that offer opportunities to recall, inform, and inspire for those who attend.
Goals set in our 2019 – 2022 Strategic Planning Document include:
- Promote use of One County, One Calendar service available for use on desktop and mobile devices.
- Redesign library web site to include links to information resources in identified areas of health literacy for our community.
- Develop evidence-based library programs to assist with Early Childhood Development skills growth for 0 – 5 year-olds and their caregivers.
- Increase Early Childhood Development objectives in Library Learning Time activities.
- Explore adding events with regular meetings or special events geared to adult patrons over the age of 18.
- Explore adding events with regular meetings or special events geared to families.