Build A Better World: 2017 Youth & Young Adult Summer Reading
Regular Sign Up for Reading Club Opens Thursday, May 18th
- Reading Club is for children up to incoming 5th graders
- Sign Up at the Kilgore Library from May 18th to July 1st
- When they turn in reading logs on program days from May 24th to July 13th they will win prizes!
- Each reading sheet counts 100 minutes of reading, cross off a hammer for every 20 minutes read, when they have crossed off 5 hammers, return their sheet to the library on a program day to win prizes.
- After they complete your their sheet, they have earned a reading medal and a free taco from Taco Bell in York!
- When they complete their second sheet, they have earned a free book!
- Children may count any time they listened to a reading or when they read to others including pets, parents, and friends!
- All children may count audio books or books they read on e-devices, like Kindles, smartphones or Nooks. Please visit http://nebraska.lib.overdrive.com/ to download free books from Nebraska Overdrive.
- Toddlers and preschoolers may register and will complete a simple activity sheet each week that includes listening to books and other activities. When they return their sheets, they get to choose a prize!
Young Adult Reading Club for incoming 6th – 12th Grades
- Sign up at the library from May 18th to July 1st
- When they sign up, they will get one free drawing slip AND a choice of candy bar.
- For every book he or she reads, they can earn five drawing slips to win prizes.
- If they rate each book they read, they will earn five drawing slips to win prizes.
- For each rated book, and if a book is rated AWESOME, it will be put on a list to encourage others to read these great titles too.