The Alliance Public Library, in partnership with WNCC, offers the following digital literacy classes.
Classes are currently suspended for the summer months, but will be offered again in the Fall.
Click here for additional home resources.
- Basic Skills will cover operating a mouse and keyboard, accessing the internet, using Windows 10, and setting up email.
- Introduction to Social Media will present common social media applications and basic information safety.
- Introduction to Microsoft Word will include how to navigate Word and create word processing documents.
- Introduction to Microsoft PowerPoint will demonstrate how to create slideshow presentations.
- Introduction to Excel will cover the basics, including how to create a spreadsheet, insert basic functions, and organize data.
- Intermediate Computer Skills is intended for individuals with home computers who would like to expand their basic computer knowledge. Patrons are encouraged to bring their own laptops, and topics include using external devices, managing files and programs, updating computer systems, and protecting your computer.
All classes will be held in the WNCC computer lab located in the basement of the Alliance Learning Center at 1750 Sweetwater Avenue and are provided free of charge courtesy of the Alliance Public Library and WNCC. Space is limited to eight participants per session and masks are required. To reserve a seat, please contact the library at 308-762-1387.