The Alliance Public Library offers many digital patron services that are available from the comfort of home or on the go 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Libby by OverDrive
Download the Libby app on your mobile device or access the app on your home computer and start downloading from our collection of ebooks, audiobooks and magazines today! Libby is available as a mobile download through the Apple App Store and Google Play and is compatible with Android, IOS, and some Chromebook devices, with Kindle Fire compatibility coming soon. Windows users may use Libby in browser at libbyapp.com.
Login credentials will include your patron barcode found on the back of your card (ie: 59687) and the pin is your phone number (ie: 3087621387) unless you have setup a secure password of your choosing through alliancelibrary.org. If you have set up a secure password, you will use it to login.
Please note the changes in Overdrive service:
As of October 31, 2020 OverDrive is ending support for devices that use the outdated TLS 1.0 and 1.1 security protocols. This includes some Android devices, including older Kindle Fire tablets. Patrons that will be affected will receive prior notification. Click here for more information.
Troubleshooting the Libby App
Library Staff is available for support during regular library hours by calling 308-762-1387. If you are needing help outside of our regular business hours, please visit the following resources:
- Getting Started with the Libby App (Video Tutorial)
- How to Use The Libby App: Overdrive suggests you use Libby if it is available for your device – see the Device Profiles link above for more information on device compatibility.
- Troubleshooting the Libby App
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Libby App
Visit www.alliancelibrary.org and sign in using your patron number and phone number (ie: 29876 ; 3087621387) and access your account information, checkout history, reserves, our full catalog and more. The site is mobile responsive for easy access on personal devices.
Ebsco ebooks appear in our catalog and are marked as internet electronic resources in search results. This collection is mainly comprised of nonfiction books useful for research or specialized study and is available to residential patrons.
How to access Ebsco ebooks:
- Click here to login in to Ebsco using your patron ID number (the number found on the back of your library card. Don’t have your card? Give us a call, verify some info and we can give it to you over the phone.)
- Click on “Sign in” and then on “Create a New Account”. You will now be able to assign your own username and password for future use.
- You’re ready to use the Ebsco ebooks! You can search directly through Ebsco or from our catalog. In our catalog, click on the title of the book and follow the link to sign in and start reading.
Ebsco Ebooks Support Center – Provides information for browsing and transfering Ebsco ebooks to mobile devices.