July 10, 2017
President Cyndi Novicki called to order the regular meeting of the Library Board at 4:10 pm.
Board members present: Cyndi Novicki, Ron Hinman, Karen Delaney, Debbie Bialas. Absent: Anne Burton. Also present: Head Librarian, Lacey Bittner.
Minutes of the March 13, 2017 meeting were read and approved.
- Bills were reviewed and approved.
- The Summer Reading Program ran from June 7 through July 12. Average attendance in the younger group was 20 and in the older group 15.
- Sam Brower donated a mahogany conference table and chairs for the Board Room and couch and matching chairs for the lobby.
- Barb Mottl has donated boxes of large print books, mostly hardcover, from popular authors. The librarians are sorting through the books, keeping ones which the library can use and placing for sale the the ones the library can’t use.
- Lacey is thinking about doing a board game afternoon this summer. Children would bring in board games. Also planned a fairy lantern workshop for children making lanterns out of craft supplies and mason jars. There would be a fee for craft supplies. There was a lot of interest when the activity was posted on Facebook.
- The Pinterest Club met June 28 with a large group of 12. American flags were made out of ribbon and fabric scraps. The next meeting will be Wednesday, September 6 at 6:00 p.m. making sweater pumpkins.
- On Saturday, September 16 The Rustic Patch will return sponsoring a fall door charm workshop.
- Various portable activity stations for children will be set up for after school. These will include paper airplanes, Legos, board games, rubber band bracelet loom kit, duct tape crafts and origami.
- Eagle Communications upgraded the internet to increase its speed.
- Lacey is also applying for a Margaret Russell Foundation grant for technology/new computers.
Old Business: None.
- Debbie motioned and Karen seconded that the library be closed July 31 through August 12 so that the librarians could work in the library on projects that require more time. Motion passed unanimously.
- Worked on the budget.
- Also working on tiling the entrance. The Board is looking at options for hiring someone to do this work.
The meeting was adjourned at 5:28 p.m. Next meeting will be Monday, September 11, 2017 at 4:00 pm in the Board Room.