The South Sioux City Public Library is proud to announce a program dedicated to our community’s creatives and inventors: The Maker Space!
This space is home to two Flash-Forge Dreamer dual-extruder 3d printers, which are now available for use by the public. These 3d printers make it possible to easily turn a 3d model to life, create useful items for around the house, and even prototype new inventions, all from the comfort of your public library.
A makerspace is a room that contains tools and components, allowing people to enter with an idea and leave with a complete project. The best part is that makerspaces are communal. The goal is to work together to learn, collaborate, and share. Most importantly, makerspaces allow us to explore, create new things, or improve things that already exist.
Heatpress – heat press equipment that heats up to 400º F for transferring images onto bags, t-shirts, hats, mugs, and more. These can be used with iron on transfer paper, heat transfer vinyl, sublimation, or Cricut Infusible Ink projects.
Sewing Machine – The Library Makerspace has two sewing machines available for use in the Library Makerspace. The sewing machines with simple dials suitable for new users to learn on. The machine has 15 different stitches, the ability to make button holes and an easy oversized reverse button.
Button Makers – Buttons are an extremely popular way to market a brand, promote a cause, or just show off your favorite characters. Download images from the internet or design your own to have professional looking results in seconds. Don’t stop at buttons though, key chains and magnets can also be produced using the 1.5-inch machine.
Recording Equipment Kit –
The kit include everything you need to achieve high-quality video and audio for green-screen productions, stop-motion animation projects, and much more.
- Lockable hard LCP plastic storage case (lock not included)
- HD 30 megapixel ActionPro™ Camcorder with 18x digital zoom and a rotating 3″ screen
- External super-cardioid microphone for camcorders with noise reduction technology and +20dB enhancement switch
- Mini-tripod camera stand with 360° rotation capability and adapter for cameras and smartphones
- 16′H x 60″W green screen backdrop
- I Can Present editing software with teleprompter, split screen, picture-in-picture, scroll text features, chromakeying, and more
- Animate-It! stop-motion editing software
Laminator – This laminator is up to any task you have in mind whether it is for school projects, home organization, brochures, presentations or scrapbooking.