It’s October! Time for the annual Library Pumpkin Walk! This year’s event is a little different but you can still be creative and enter in the Contest. Bring a decorated pumpkin (not carved) to the library by Saturday October 17th. Voting for your favorite is from October 19 – October 30 either virtually (Facebook) or in-person. Enter as a community member or a business member. May the best pumpkin win!
Curbside Pickup service will continue to be available.
Staff has been busy preparing the library for reopening and designing ways to keep library visitors and staff safe. Please remember to follow our local health department’s guidelines for social distancing, wearing masks, hand washing or sanitizing, and other safety protocols. If you are feeling unwell, please stay home.
The library is offering modified services as we further open our doors for grab-n-go browsing and checkout.
Hours: Monday – Friday: 11am-3pm & 4:30-6pm 10-11am reserved for over 65 years or high risk
Saturday 9am -12pm
When you visit the Library:
You’ll notice some new changes to our layout and services:
· The library will be open with limited services and capacity.
· The library will have limited hours and public health measure protocols, including hand sanitizing stations, face covering requirements, physical distancing and limited amount of visitors.
· Library use is limited to 30 minutes.
· All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or caregiver.
· Seating is not available.
· One computer is available for business purposes with a thirty (30) minute time limit.
· The meeting room remains closed for reservations.
· 10:00 -11:00am Monday through Friday is reserved for people over 65 or high risk.
· Grab-N-Go browsing is similar to grocery or retail store shopping, please follow directional signs and stay 6 ft. apart from other library visitors.
What you’ll be able to do:
· Browse for books, DVD’s and other library materials
· Pick up reserved books and materials
· Search the online catalog
· Get a library card
· Get assistance from staff
· Use a computer
· Print, Fax and Copy
· Return books to the Outdoor Book Drop
· Use our Curbside Pickup Service
· Find out about our Virtual Programs
· Use the restrooms, for emergencies only please
We look forward to seeing you at Springfield Memorial Library!
We invite all families to join the Library’s 1000 Books Before Kindergarten program. Reading aloud to your child is on of the most important activities you can do to prepare your child to learn to read and love it. Any reading counts! Read the same book over and over, listen to an audiobook, attend a Story Time program or, read an E-book. Any book your child listens to can be recorded. It’s easy to register, simply download the Reader’s Zone app on your phone or tablet. Get the app for Apple devices in the App Store, Android devices in the Play Store, or Amazon devices (Kindle) in Amazon Apps. Printed reading logs are also available at the Library. More information about the program is located on this website under Kids & Teens.
We are still providing this service! We can’t wait to take your orders for books, movies, games, puzzles, and magazines. Just give us a call or email. Then just drive up and pick up outside.
New Library hours starting August 10th! At this time, we are remaining business purposes only (faxing, scanning, printing, etc.). Librarians will collect any requested books and check them out to you. Contact-free, curbside pick up and window shopping will continue to be available.
Just a reminder to all library Summer Reading Program participants: Reading reporting and Bingo sheets are due by July 31st. For all preschool and elementary age readers, please add your reading minutes on the Readers Zone app. Be sure to stop by the library for your library dollars. Teens and adults need to turn in Bingo sheets to the library, or email a photo or a scanned sheet. All readers and bingo sheets participants are eligible for Grand Prizes!!!
The Library is now open for business services. We ask that only one family member visit the library. A thirty (30) minute time limit is allowed for making copies, printing, sending a fax, and computer use. Curbside pick up service is still available. Thank you for abiding by our guidelines.