Valley Public Library is hiring an Assistant Librarian!
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Librarian
POSITION REPORTS TO: Library Director
STARTING PAY: $12/hour
NUMBER OF HOURS: 16 hours per week
BENEFITS: Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Assistant Librarian. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Responsibilities and duties assigned are at the discretion of the Library Director.
DESCRIPTION: This is a part-time position which operates the Library according to policies, procedures, and hours set by the Library Director and Library Board.
- Assist patrons in finding materials they’re looking for in our physical and digital collections.
- Help patrons discover new materials that may be of interest to them.
- Check materials in and out at the circulation desk.
- Assist patrons with office services, e.g: copying, faxing, and printing.
- Handle money from fines, donations, and office services.
- Assist with library programming.
- Assist with creating library displays.
- Create library accounts for new patrons and give an overview of services.
- Enforce library behavior rules as necessary.
- Help maintain the cozy, small city atmosphere by chatting with patrons appropriately.
- Other duties, as assigned by Library Director, or as your own interests and talents suggest.
- Must be willing to obtain Nebraska Library Commission Level 1 certification.
- Strong English communication skills to assist patrons who may have difficulty expressing themselves in person and on the telephone.
- Reaching for books about two feet away from the inside of the circulation desk counter and handling them during check-out/check-in.
- User-level computer skills, e.g: document management, email, and data entry.
- Previous library experience preferred.
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to Sami Stewart at email@example.com