Welcome Barb Schiefen to the Valparaiso Library Board.
Effective July 9, 2014, the Board of Trustees modified Policy IV. Privacy and Confidentiality of Patrons’ Records, Photographs and Recordings, by adding:
As a courtesy to our patrons, before taking photographs, videos, or recordings in the library, staff will announce that individuals may ask for themselves and/or their children not to be included.
At their regular April 1, 2014 meeting, the Valparaiso Board of Trustees adopted changes to several policies and adopted three new ones. The policies are available at:
Valparaiso Public Library Policies
The new policies include XVI Exhibits and Displays, XVII Advocacy, and XVIII Strategic Planning.
Policy revisions made changes to these sections:
- V. Circulation – Library Cards: Types of Cards, Registration, and Account Fees (minor changes to each of these three sub-sections)
- VI. Collection Management and Development – Current Facility and Collection (changed description to match current physical organization of collection)
- VII. Computer and Internet Use – Access (added paragraph about use of children’s computer tablets) and Printing (changed fee to as established by Board)
- VIII. Faxing and Photocopying (changed fees to as established by Board)
- XIII. Policy on Acceptable Behavior (added statement about food/drink)
- XIV. Policy on Unattended Children (changed “should” to “must” in line 2 of paragraph 2)
- XV. Facilities – Guidelines (new section)
The Board adopted two new policies in September, one related to staff training (XI. Personnel, added paragraph) and one related to maintenance and use of the facility (XV).