Anyone wishing to use library computers is required to sign a Computer Use Agreement Form to be kept on file at the library. Children/young adults under the age of 17 must have a parental signature.
I understand that:
- Computers may be used on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- A 30 minute time limit will be enforced if demand is high.
- When saving files on personal external storage devices, the library is not responsible for any damage to such software or devices (e.g. mp3 player, eReader, flash drive) or loss of material due to ANY reason.
- The library staff is available to assist clients with the basics of using the computers and/or software. However, time limitations prevent the staff from offering in-depth training or assistance.
- No food or drink is allowed in the computer lab.
- A client who violates any provision of this Computer Use Agreement may lose computer privileges at the discretion of the staff.
- Sign in at the circulation desk prior to using the computer and sign out when I’m finished or 15 minutes before the library closes.
- Pay $0.25 for each black and white page that I print or $0.10 per page if I provide my own paper.
- Pay $0.50 for each page with minimal color that I print. (Excess color more; see color printing prices posted in the computer lab.)
- Pay for everything I print even if it is in error.
- Pay the cost to repair or replace any hardware/software in the event that I damage it.
- Assist children under my care who are unable to use the computer on their own.
- Be responsible for the control of children I bring into the library while I’m using the computer.
I will not:
- Turn the monitors, computers, or any other library equipment ON or OFF.
- Sit on the countertops.
- Touch the monitors.
- Connect, disconnect, or rearrange the equipment in any way.
- Add, install, or download any software or save personal files to the library computers.
- Violate copyright laws by copying programs to any external storage device, in whole or in part, without written permission from the producer of the program.
The Library’s Code of Conduct is posted in the computer lab for further guidance.