The April meeting of the Ponca Carnegie Library Board of Trustees will be held at the library on Monday, April 21, at 7 PM.
Chess club will meet on Monday, April 7th at 7 PM. Any and all who like to play chess – or want to learn – are most welcome.
The Ponca Public School chapter of The National Honor Society will be providing a one-on-one computer tutoring session on Monday, March 24th, at 7 PM at the Ponca Carnegie Library. Get those computer questions answered. Have someone walk you through a new venture. Call the library (you can leave a message) 402 755 2739 OR email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to provide your name and contact information if you’d like to be a part of this service.
It’s coming!!! The Annual Dr. Seuss Birthday Bash will be held at the library on Thursday, March 6th at 6:30 PM. All young children are invited to attend with a parent. It will be “loads” of fun!!!
Ponca Carnegie Library needs everyone to fill out the questionnaire in the gas bill. It is part of our accreditation process. Here are the 8 questions to ponder:
1. What are the greatest strengths of the Ponca community?
2. What do you enjoy most about living in (around) Ponca?
3. What activities or facilities do you wish were available in Ponca?
4. What concerns you about Ponca’s future?
5. List any cultural or economic needs in the community that should be addressed?
6. Are there people in the community whose needs are not being adequately met? Explain
7. List ways in which the library could contribute more to the community.
If you were not limited by time or money, in what ways would you like to serve the community?
Turn your responses in at the library or city hall. Thank You.
A new library campaign, Geek the Library, has begun at the library. What do you geek? Check out www.geekthelibrary.org
Friends of the Library will meet on Thursday, February 6th at 7 PM to discuss Craig Johnson’s A Cold Dish.
Chess club will meet on Monday, February 3 at 7 PM.
The Friends of Ponca Carnegie Library group will be reading the book The Cold Dish by Craig Johnson in January and discussing it on February 6th at 7 PM at the library. You are welcome to join in.