The St. Edward Public Library is accredited through the Public Library Accreditation Program of the Nebraska Library Commission.
The St. Edward Public Library will provide informational and recreational materials to its patrons within the framework of its bylaws, policies, and budgetary constraints.
In the winter of 1924-25, a group of Delphinians (later known as Women’s Club) decided a library was needed in St. Edward. They rented a building and had a book drive. On February 2, 1925, the St. Edward Public Library opened with 200 books. Because of growth, the library has changed locations several times.