21 books to read before they hit the big screen in 2015.
1. Still Alice, Lisa Genova
2. The Mortdecai Trilogy, Kyril Bonfiglioli
3. Where Rainbows End (Love, Rosie), Cecelia Ahern
4. The Last Apprentice (Seventh Son), Joseph Delaney
5. Fifty Shades of Grey, E.L. James
6. The DUFF, Kody Keplinger
7. Dead Stars (Maps to the Stars), Bruce Wagner
8. In the Heart of the Sea, Nathaniel Philbrick
9. Insurgent, Veronica Roth
10. Serena, Ron Rash
11. The Longest Ride, Nicholas Sparks
12. The Moon and the Sun, Vonda N. McIntyre
13. Child 44, Tom Rob Smith
14. Far from the Madding Crowd, Thomas Hardy
15. Paper Towns, John Green
16. The Scorch Trials, James Dashner
17. Black Mass, Dick Lehr and Gerald O’Neill
18. Frankenstein (Victor Frankenstein), Mary Shelley
19. Jungle Book, Rudyard Kipling
20. Mockingjay (Part 2), Suzanne Collins
21. The Martian, Andy Weir
Come on into the library and check out our huge selection of over 30 husker books just in time for football season.
New library hours starting August 1st:
MONDAY 1:30 – 5:30 PM
TUESDAY 1:30 – 5:30 PM
WEDNESDAY 3 PM – 8 PM
THURSDAY 1:30 – 5:30 PM
FRIDAY 9 AM – 1 PM
SATURDAY 10 AM – 12 PM AND
1:30 PM – 3:30 PM
A huge thank you to all of the volunteers who came to the library this week and carried books, cleaned, organized, put chairs together, hung pictures, decorated, and a multitude of other jobs that had to be done! We hope to see you at the dedication today at 5:00pm.
We need your help!!!
The Lied Lincoln Township Library is excited to announce that we are almost ready to move into the new library.
On the morning of June 12th, at 10:00a.m., we would like the children and teens of the community to meet at the library to move the children’s and teen’s area books. We are asking that the children bring a tote to put books in to carry to the new library building. Adults are also needed to help coordinate the move.
In the afternoon, anyone willing to help move the adult area books are also needed. We will work on Thursday, June 12th, Friday the 13th, Saturday the 14th, and possibly on Sunday afternoon the 15th.
Anyone who moved books from the library across the street to the present library in 1935 are asked to meet for a group picture and participate in a token move of books on Sunday, June 15th at 3:00 p.m. at the current library.