BLUE HILL PUBLIC LIBRARY
PO BOX 278
317 WEST GAGE STREET
BLUE HILL NE 68930
BLUE HILL PUBLIC LIBRARY –
80 YEARS OF HISTORY
The Blue Hill Public Library Was created in 1929 by the local Woman’s Club to provide Blue Hill a library with donated books and volunteer help. The Library Boards and Librarians over the following years have continued to follow and develop the same basic objectives:
- To assemble, preserve and administer in organized collections, books and other materials in order to promote the free communication of ideas for an enlightened citizenry.
- To aid the individual in pursuit of education, information and pleasure.
- To provide service to all within the community regardless of religious, racial, social, economic or political status.
- To recognize that no single library can meet all the demands of the community, and to cooperate in services and programs with other libraries and library agencies.