- Children entering 2nd – 6th grades should begin logging reading time in Reading Journals beginning June 10th.
- Journals should list the title and author of books read as well as time spent reading.
- After finishing a book write a short synopsis of the book and something you liked about the story or characters.
- Children will earn $1 in funny money for every 15 minutes spent reading.
- Funny money will grant admission to programs.
- Tuesday, June 25 @ 2-3ish – Donut Decorating Crafternoon
- Tuesday, July 9 @ 2-4ish – Nim’s Island Movie Party ($10)
- Tuesday, July 23 @ 2-4ish – Duck Tape & Rock Painting Crafternoon ($10)
- Tuesday, August 6 @ 2-4ish – Chalk the Walk Crafternoon ($10)
- Programs for children (age 4) preschool – entering 1st grade will begin Friday, June 14th and run through Friday, August 2nd
- Programs are at the library every Friday at 10:00am for approximately 45 minutes (No Program Friday, July 5th)
- Participants are encouraged to keep a reading journal at home with the help of their parents
- Children will earn a small prize for every hour spent reading or being read to