Arapahoe Public Library
306 Nebraska Ave
PO Box 598
Arapahoe NE 68922
The Arapahoe Public Library was established in 1919 due to the volunteer efforts of the Arapahoe Women’s Club. Books were acquired through donations and contributions towards new ones.
Finding a home for the library took some time, but the doors of the library were opened in 1920 in downtown Arapahoe. The library moved to ten different locations throughout Arapahoe until 1984 when the city purchased the former Peace Lutheran Church edifice and bequeathed it to the governing board of the Arapahoe Public Library. With the help of fundraising efforts and the hardwork of community members, the former church property was converted from a place of worship into the current library.
In 2010 the library benefited once again from the hard work of volunteers during a major renovation. All of the books were removed from the building while a new roof replaced the angled and leaking one. Changes were made to the interior by removing a wall and what was formerly the area for the church altar. New carpet was added throughout.
Giving for the future
Memorials can be given to honor our loved ones who have passed. These donations can be used to purchase items that are needed at the library.
There is a need for more space to accommodate our growing collection and to meet the needs of the public. To make a tax deductible donation to the library, please make checks payable to the Arapahoe Public Library Foundation. You will be sent a receipt for tax purposes. Donations can be mailed to: PO Box 598 Arapahoe NE, 68922.