Regular Children Programing
Check out our Facebook Fan Page for photos of our library activities during the year!
- The Library provides a story time program every Wed. at 10:00 am. Bring your child, or grandchild and join us for stories, songs, finger plays, and more. This 30-40 minute program for children ages 2-5 will help them become acquainted with the library, books, and other children their age. No registration is required for this program. Starts Wed. Sept. 4th and runs until the end of April.
- A themed-based monthly Library Tales will be held from Sept.- April on the last Thurs. of every month at 4:00 pm for those children who are attending preschool thru 2nd grade. This 50 minute program will include stories, crafts, games and activities. Registration for this program is required by Mon. prior to the program. Starts Thurs. Sept. 25th.
- Music Monday is a music program for children kindergarten and younger. While listening to age appropriate songs on tape, and CD, children will use their hands, legs, and musical instruments, keeping the beat to the rhythm and acting out the songs. Parents, grandparents and caregivers will be able to join in along with their child. Music Monday will be held at 10:00 am every 1st and 3rd Monday of the month in the lower level of the library. No registration or fee is required but a parent or guardian must be present. This program will start Mon. Sept. 16th.
- Bingo for Books– afterschool on 2nd Monday of the month. Play for a free book and prizes.
- Movie Afternoon will be offered during in-service and non-school days. Watch for up-dated posts!
- HPL Youth Book Talks– Will by held the 3rd Monday of the month. #rd grader and up. Pick up your book talk form at the library prior to the program.
- 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten Program is designed to instill the love of reading, get your child prepared for school and develop a love and appreciation for the Library.
Sign up and win prizes along the way.
- Looking for something for your children to do during the summer. Look no further! Our annual Summer Reading Program is geared for kids preschool to those entering 5th grade. The library provides story times including stories, songs, crafts, games, and other activities for Pre-S(4) to those entering 2nd grade. Book Adventure quizzes, reading logs and independent contests. Educational Sessions for 3rd -5th grade provided by the UNL Extension. A special finale is planned at the end of the program. Look for our 5 week program to begin each summer at the beginning of June.