If you have a problem or can’t find the answer to a question, please use the Contact form to get in touch with us!
If you’re new to WordPress, the WordPress Codex has tons of useful information for beginners. There’s also a compact beginner’s guide here that covers a lot of the same information in the videos (and includes an index to blog posts by topic).
These videos are best viewed full-screen @ 720p and were all created in a single take. (So please be kind when I stumble over a word or two.)
WordPress 4.x videos
- Important URLs & Participant Expectations
- Dashboard Overview & Customization
- Users & User Profiles
- Overview of Posts and Pages
- Using the Calendar
More coming soon. In the meantime these videos are still available…
WordPress 3.x videos
- Choosing and Implementing a Theme
- An Overview of Posts and Pages
- Post Categories
- Creating & Editing Pages
- Media Library
Tips & Tricks
- The Tools menu and “Press This”
- Embedding Flickr slideshows
- Implementing the RSS widget
- The Hows and Whys of Sticky Posts
- Anatomy of a WordPress Theme
- How to disable/remove the admin bar
- Submit your site to Google so people can find your site
- How to display a weather forecast on your site
- Linking to OverDrive
- Linking to OverDrive Kids
- How to create post excerpts via the More Tag
- I pasted in some code, and WordPress made it disappear!
- Embedding YouTube videos, Flickr images, Tweets, Instagram photos and other external content
Would you like a print manual?
For those of you that prefer print materials to learn from or to have as a reference I’d like to point you to the WordPress 4.0 User Guide from interconnect/it. They have a free download version of their user manual and it is a great resource. (There are some minor differences based on the customizations we’ve made but you probably won’t notice them all that much.)