There are a few ways to learn about your new WordPress site:
- Over-the-Phone Training
- Online Training Starter Course & Resources
- In-person training (groups of 6 or more)
We will log in to the site simultaneously so you can get used to how everything works. We can go over everything from website layout to potential content options, and how to maintain the site.
Over-the-phone training can be done at the start of the website, as a refresher for those who haven’t used the site in a while, or for new staff who want to learn WordPress.
To set up over-the-phone training, fill out the contact form above, or call Amanda at (402) 471-3106.
Online Training Starter Course
This online training course can either take the place of over-the-phone training, or act as a reminder of what was covered over the phone.
Beginner’s Guide to Nebraska Libraries on the Web:
Resources to Learn More:
- What are themes? https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/getting-started/what-is-a-theme/
- Previewing themes https://www.competethemes.com/blog/live-preview-wordpress-theme/
- Types of User https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/wordpress-user-roles-and-permissions/
- Adding New User https://make.wordpress.org/support/user-manual/customizing-wordpress/managing-users-on-your-wordpress-site/adding-users-to-your-wordpress-site/
- Editing User Profile https://easywpguide.com/wordpress-manual/users/editing-your-profile/
- What is a Blog? https://codex.wordpress.org/Introduction_to_Blogging
- Adding Blog Posts https://codex.wordpress.org/Writing_Posts
- What is RSS? https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/what-is-rss-how-to-use-rss-in-wordpress/
- Editing/ Deleting Blog Posts https://en.support.wordpress.com/posts/#go-back-and-edit-posts
- Scheduling Blog Posts https://en.support.wordpress.com/schedule-a-post/
- Categorizing & Tagging Posts https://ivycat.com/tagging-categorising-wordpress-posts/
- How Comments Work https://codex.wordpress.org/Comments_in_WordPress
- Reviewing and Disabling Comments https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/wordpress/comments/
- Pages vs. Posts https://codex.wordpress.org/Pages
- Adding Pages https://ithemes.com/tutorials/creating-wordpress-page/
- Editing Pages https://www.wpmadesimple.org/guides/editing/
- Adding Pages to the Menu https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzNwCHG_VWk
- Custom Menus https://en.support.wordpress.com/menus/
- Change Order & Add Drop-Down Menu https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q4gKSG0AgA
- Image size and Quality:https://codex.wordpress.org/Image_Size_and_Quality
- Manage media library:https://ithemes.com/tutorials/using-the-wordpress-media-library/
- Adding images on page/ blog: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxxFt3a0T5w
- What is Jetpack? https://jetpack.com/about/
How to Get Jetpack on Your Site:
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard
- Click on Jetpack
- Click “Connect to WordPress.com”
- Set up a WordPress.com account
- You will now have access to Jetpack
- You should be able to view it through your usual WordPress login on the Jetpack tab.