Kilgore Memorial Library’s meeting rooms are available to not-for-profit and civic groups activities and meetings. The York Public Library Board has adopted policies for use of the rooms. Use by the library, City departments, and Friends of the Library have priority. Sales presentations, party activities, and other private or commercial activities are not allowed uses o the library meeting rooms. People looking for space to hold these events are directed to the meeting spaces in the York City Auditorium, Community Center, Holthus Convention Center, or other spaces in York.
The library’s meeting rooms are available during normal operating hours:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 10 am – 8 pm
Wednesday, Friday, Saturday 10 am – 5 pm
The following features are available during meeting room use:
- kitchenette with sink, counter space, coffee maker(s)
- space divides into two rooms by electric partition wall
- 72 adult size stacking chairs
- 14 six-foot x 30 inch folding tables
- cable TV outlet
- TV on stand; VCR & DVD
- projection screens in both rooms
- corkboard, markerboard, tack strips, flip chart easel
- internet access
- computer and computer projector available
The library requests that groups notify the library staff of features that they will need for their meeting at the time of booking so that supplies can be reserved and set up efficiently.
Groups using a room may have their event included on the library’s event calendar, if they wish, with a brief description of their activity.