Who are the Friends?
The Friends are a group of people of all ages interested in books, reading and sharing special activities of the library. Membership in the Friends of the Library allows you the opportunity to enhance the quality of our community by supporting our public library. Current Friends of the Library Board Members are:
- Kay Schmid, Library Director
- Denise Bruner
- Marie Cunningham
- Jackie Masek
- Kristin Scheele
- Jami Olson
- Stellan Wessling, Student Representative
- Lori Wessling
- Valori Olson, Student Representative
- Sarah Oltjenbruns
What do the Friends do?
- provide financial and volunteer support for children’s programs including storytime, summer reading and Golden Sower programs.
- make book deliveries to home-bound patrons.
- organize events such as:
- the Halloween Parade Around the Square
- New and Used Book Sales
- February’s “Chocolate Friend-zy”
- the Library’s Birthday Party
- Fall and Spring Garage Sales
- Funding for Adult and Children’s Speakers and Special Events
- Seasonal Promotions
- and Much More!
How are the Friends organized?
The Friends are governed by a board of directors. The Board meets monthly to determine what projects will be worked on. Friends members are welcome to attend any monthly board meeting. An annual lunch meeting for all members and other interested people is held in either March or April.
How can I help the Friends?
You can become a member and help with your time and/or support. New members are always welcome!
Individual Membership – $10.00
Couple or Business – $20.00
Please mail or bring the membership form with your dues to the Hruska Memorial Public Library at 399 5th Street, David City, NE 68632.
What will happen after I fill out the membership form and pay my dues?
If you have indicated that you would like to help in one of the ways listed:
- help with children’s programs
- provide cookies, bars, etc. for children’s programs
- provide items for bake sales
- work at a book sale
- make home deliveries
- serve on the Friends board
- serve on the Membership Committee
- on call for various at-home jobs, including cutting, gluing, etc.
- supporting the Friends with your membership only,
A Friends Board member will call you when needed. Friends are busy people. If it works, please help.
Please call the library at 367-3100 or email us at Hruskalibrary@gmail.com.
Your continued support is appreciated.
Thanks for being a Friend!