- Within the Library, any individual may have free use of all references and collections.
- Patrons within the county limits of Butler County may obtain a library card for home use free of charge.
- Patrons who live outside of the county limits of Butler County, but own property within the county limits, will not be charged for a library card.
*Proof of such ownership will be required.
*No reimbursements will be given for previous charges.
- Use of the library may be denied temporarily. Such might be because of failure to return library materials, unpaid fines, destruction of library property, or any other objectionable conduct.
- Class schools may check out materials for $100.00 a year. These materials may be kept for a maximum of four weeks. The individual checking these out is responsible for their return and their condition upon return.
- Materials may be loaned to another library, that library paying the cost of postage.
- Service will not be denied or abridged because of religious, racial, social, economic or political status.
Checkout and Renewal
- All borrowers must have a library card in order to check out materials.
- Books, pamphlets, audio cassettes, video cassettes and DVD’s will be loaned for three weeks, unless there are special conditions.
- Books may be renewed by phone.
- A patron may request reconsideration of materials he feels are inappropriate.
- Forms will be provided for these requests. A separate form will be filled out for each complaint.
- The library director will review the form and determine if action is necessary.
- The library director will report back to the patrons within one week of complaint of the action taken.
- The library director will report to the Board of Trustees on the complaint and action taken.