Tekamah Public Library uses Reader Zone to manage the reading portion of the Summer Reading Program. It is fun and easy to use! Use the instructions below to get started. If you have trouble, please contact the library, either by calling (402) 374-2453 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our Summer Reading Program by doing the following:
1. Download the Reader Zone app for your Apple, Android or Amazon device.
2. Create your account and add reader(s).
3. Join our program with the code 093fa
4. Keep logging your reading all summer.
5. If you don’t have a mobile device, you can sign up at the Reader Zone website.
Each age group has different daily reading goals.
- Pre-K to 4th Grade children have a goal of 15 minutes per day.
- 5th Grade to 12th Grade children have a goal of 30 minutes per day.
- Adults have a goal of 60 minutes per day.
Please note that these goals are just a guideline and NOT a requirement to participate in the program. Any amount of daily reading is a great benefit to both kids and adults.
We are bringing back our beloved prize box for 2021! Kids who are actively participating in the program are invited to choose one small toy from the box each week.
We are also giving away grand prizes at the end of the program! To be eligible, readers must log at least 500 total minutes to be eligible for these prizes. Winners will be randomly chosen out of the pool of eligible readers.
One winner in each age category will receive a Kindle Fire tablet! Smaller (but equally awesome) prizes include reading lights, craft kits, and books.
Tips for Parents
Reading should be fun, not a chore! Use these resources below to help your child foster a lifelong love of reading.