Temporary Curbside Checkout Service now available.
In an attempt to continue serving our community during this period of social distancing and closures, the Hastings Memorial Library is instituting “Curbside Checkout” of materials. If you are interested in this service, please follow the following procedures:
- Checking Out
Requested items are for registered Hastings Memorial Library patrons with cards in good standing. We will not be issuing any new library cards at this time. Requests can be made the following ways:
1) Via email (email@example.com) and voicemail at anytime. Library staff will respond as soon as possible, via the original method of communication (emails get emails, voicemails will receive phone calls).
2) Call the library between 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Monday – Thurs to speak to a librarian and schedule your pick up time.
- Check out Guidelines
1) 5 items per person per family, including 2 “new” (red dot) titles.
2) This limit does NOT apply to any existing holds you may have on books.
1) Any materials not “long overdue” or “lost”, will automatically be renewed for the duration of this closure. Any overdue fine that may be incurred after March 1st will be waived. Therefore, patrons are encouraged to keep materials until further notice.
2) If you choose to return anything, please drop it in the Book Drop. Staff will not handle your returned items at curbside.
- Other Details
When you make your materials request, please include the following:
Specific title/author/magazine issue if you have it.
Top 3 titles (per person)
Top 3 authors (per person)
Top 3 genres/topics (per person)
The day and time you would prefer to pick up your materials. Library staff will do their best to accommodate that request.
Because we are unable to guarantee the availability of specific requested materials, providing this information helps the librarians find appropriate items for you.
In addition to this temporary service, our digital collections are always available via our website http://libraries.nebraska.gov/grant. Watch for upcoming tutorials on the use of these resources.
If you are disabled or over 70 years of age, please contact the library for additional services that may be available to you.
Please be advised that this service may change or end at any time, due to the unprecedented and uncertain circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. The library staff appreciates the patience and understanding of the community as we navigate this unfamiliar territory